Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thing 2: De Blogis Natura

Or: "On the Nature of the Blog."

Yeah, I cheated on the word "blog," but it's not like Romans never imported words from other languages before.

Creating this blog was pretty simple. I have two others that I update semi-regularly, so this was a matter of seeing specifically how Blogger does things. I chose to call it "The Magister's Missives" because I wanted it to reflect me as a teacher (magister) and because sometimes I can't help myself with the alliteration. For the time being, I'm just identifying as "Eddie" because that's who I am, and my avatar looks like me.

I could wax philosophical about being true to myself and bla bla bla, but honestly if I had some awesome superhero name or something I'd use that. I don't. I am wot I am, and that's all wot I am - at least for the purposes of the general public. In my personal life I'm much more interesting, but that's not part of my teacher persona.

Not until I get tenure and can let myself go, at any rate. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment