Friday, October 9, 2009

Thing 8: Coming Soon To An Internet Near You


The movie poster you see above was generated with one of the many Flickr toys at BigHugeLabs. I don't necessarily think that Flickr itself would be terribly useful for my students, but if wanted to let them play a little bit I might allow them to make their own movie posters, magazine covers, or whatever using tools similar to the ones I just linked to - in Latin, of course. I will definitely have to remember BigHugeLabs for my personal use, though, as playing with digital photos is already something I enjoy doing.

2 comments:

  1. LOL "It's about to get awesome in here.." we all know this place could always use more awesome (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I think about it, the more I find myself hoping that people don't think I have this super-inflated opinion of myself based on this "poster." I'm glad you seem to be taking it in the spirit in which it was intended. I have a penchant for the absurd when it comes to comedy.

    That said, I have been thinking I might actually write a brief screenplay or short story for TTAAoCA, and I bet I could use some sort of Web 2.0 shenanigans to get the finished product online. That might be fun.

    ReplyDelete