Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thing 9: I am not to be trusted with image generators.

After a long and exhasting search through several image generators I felt were lame and/or cheesy, I finally hit upon WigFlip, and one particular part of WigFlip: RoflBot. What you see below are the results of that.



WigFlip also has other great generator tools, such as AutoMotivator, where I made this thing:


And Thank You, Mario!, where I made this one:

I had a lot of fun doing the Latin ones (all but the Zombiecat poster), and I can see using any number of these tools to help students engage with Latin on a level beyond what might be presented in the textbook. If I can make Latin fun for my students, they'll do better at it.
If anyone would like to know what the Latin in any of these says, let me know in a comment!

2 comments:

  1. Super Mario Bros. rocks! Do you play?
    Latin looks fun.I wanna learn Latin. Please tell me what the captions say. . .please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the top:
    "Serious Cat is not amused."
    "Alas! Who shrunk my head?"
    "President Bush is in his office, undermining America's reputation."

    "Thank you*, Marius! But our princess is in another castle!"



    *idiomatic. Literally it says "I do thanks to you," but that doesn't sound right in English.

    ReplyDelete