Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thing 21: Animoto

I tried for like ten minutes to come up with a clever title for this one, and just couldn't do it. I blame Sudafed, personally. Anyway, here's the music video I made:



I think Animoto falls into that Web 2.0 category I've been complaining about: "toys." It's neat technology, but I don't see much point in it, especially with regard to education. You have no control over HOW the video turns out, so it's really like putting a slideshow on autopilot, with a soundtrack. I don't see myself ever using this again.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that was awesome. I assume you put that figure together yourself? I ike how it came together in sequence. Is it Mech warrior or something else? I'm sure you're aware Avatar is coming out in December. Looks like this class is right in your wheelhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! The model is from Warmachine, and yeah, it was a project I did myself.

    This class has been in my wheelhouse to the extent that I already knew how to use most of the tools, that's true enough. A lot of the tools felt more like toys to me, though, and while I have nothing against toys, I don't need any more of them. :)

    ReplyDelete